1. Onstage, he uses a plethora of instruments including a mixer, keyboards, a microphone with oscillator and several guitar pedals.
2. He’s buddies with fellow Baltimoreans Future Islands, who performed at Life Is Beautiful one day after him, on Saturday. According to him, they’re really nice guys.
3. He has plans to work on new music with touring drummer and collaborator, Jeremy Hyman, who has drummed for art rock band, Ponytail.
4. He says that his performances, which are heavy on crowd participation, are a great way to break in a festival’s insecure crowd before the liquor starts flowing.
5. He stopped drinking beer several weeks ago, but he was definitely not opposed to having one over the Life Is Beautiful weekend.
6. He was excited to catch Cashmere Cat and Major Lazer’s Friday sets. He’s a fan of Diplo—one third of Major Lazer—and met the superproducer before he became a household name.
7. He feels he hasn’t learned a single thing from festival speaker Bill Nye. In fact, he believes the “Science Guy” should drop his moniker, and appear in more televised debates regarding atheism.